Services:Infrastructure Support & Capabilities
Wind Resource Assessment
- Inox Wind has carried out meso scale mapping pan India to identify sites suitable for wind farms.
- Inox Wind has installed wind masts across multiple states in India for continuous wind data monitoring.
- Based on detailed wind resource assessment, a significant land bank has been identified and acquired are in advanced stages of acquisition.
- Besides in-house wind resource assessment, estimated generation and wind data analysis is cross verified through renowned international consultants.
- Inox turbines have been designed after extensive study of wind regime availability and climatic conditions across various Indian sites.
- Due to the typical nature of wind projects, wherein one WTG has to maintain optimal distance from the other, such projects are spread over a large tract of land so as to harness the wind potential of that area efficiently.
- Based on the results of wind resource assessment, typical areas of interest are analyzed including wind potential, availability of evacuation infrastructure, nature of land availability, accessibility, ease of movement of the WTG including accessories (logistics). With the help of various softwares available, micro siting (or placement of the WTG for optimal energy production) is conducted and lands are identified for sourcing.
- This is done by our subsidiary, Inox Wind Infrastructure Services Limited’s Land Resource Team, under continued advise from the Wind Resource Team,land is acquired for the WTG, pathway, setting up substations etc.to provide turnkey solutions.
- Wind Farm identification which includes wind resource assessment, energy assessment of site, identification of land etc.
- Power evacuation which includes study of power evacuation, finalization of evacuation grid substation and land or right of way for the transmission line.
- Infrastructure development which includes development and construction of infrastructure for wind farm, land development to enable installation of WTGs
- Inox Wind constructs substations to ensure uninterrupted power evacuation, highest grid availability, and minimal electrical line losses throughout their life cycle.
- Inox Wind builds infrastructure well in advance, including roads, pathways, pavements and platforms with emphasis on high levels of quality, strength and safety for erection activities.
Installation and commissioning
- Support for all government approvals including statutory approvals to install and operate the wind farm, support in connection with PPAs or WBAs with state distribution companies.
- Engineering procurement and construction which includes manufacturing of major components of WTG, tower foundations, supply, erection and installation of turbines, pre-commissioning and commissioning of WTGS etc.
- Post commissioning support which includes support for renewable energy certificates, generation based incentive and clean development mechanism.